When you visit your oncology massage therapist for the first time, you can expect her to spend the first part of your session finding out more about you, your situation, your treatment, and what you would like to get out of your massage sessions. Questions you'll likely be asked:
- What is your cancer treatement history?
- Which parts of your body are/were impacted by your cancer?
- Was there any lymph node involvment?
- Are your blood cell counts compomised by your treatment?
- Do you have any blood clots, or risks for blood clots?
- What medications are you taking (both short and long term)?
- Is there any vital organ involvement?
- Do you have any fragile or unstable tissue as a result of your cancer or treatments?
- Are you experiencing any fatigue, neuropathy, or pain?
- Have you noticed any changes in sensation anywhere on your body?
- Are there any other treatment effects that we have not gone over?
Based on your input, we'll begin your session.